Oh, and did I mention Bled?
































Before I get back to Holland et. al., I really should post some photos of Lake Bled. This little jewel is located in the northwestern corner of the country, near the Austrian border, and is surrounded by the Julian Alps and Triglav National Park. It has a castle on a clifftop, a church sitting upon a wee, tiny island in the middle of the lake and a restaurant, Okarina, with the best vegetarian steak I've ever had. Not surprisingly, Bled is a big wedding destination, with brides and half-inebriated groomsmen filing in and out of the few pubs. If I wasn't so stubbornly clinging to my dream wedding in a Vegas chapel with a drunk Elvis officiating (he must be drunk), it would be easy to picture a very romantic wedding on Lake Bed. But for now, I must picture the continuation of the July and August adventures...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five reasons why it's better to visit Yellowstone National Park during the winter.

10 Things that made me fall in love with Bilbao and the Basque Region- parte 2

10 Things that made me fall in love with Bilbao and the Basque Region- Part 1