A picture is worth a million....pictures (the tulip edition)










































Once again, it looks like I will be spending most of my summer in the ultra-cool city of Amsterdam, only difference is that this year, I made it in time to see the much heralded tulips. They are gorgeous, they are amazingly colorful and they are simply everywhere. Yet even with this level of omnipresence, I have calculated that there has got to be a 5 tourists to 1 tulip ratio at play. Hotels are all booked solid, tour busses are clogging every street and may the gods help you if you decide to take a city bus to the Keukenhof, the world's most famous flower garden. It is tulip mania around here. I have posted a small percentage (seriously!!) of the photos I took at the flower parade and the garden itself to show why people from all over the world are flocking for flowers.

Comments

  1. I'm OD'ing on tulips already. What a marvel of colors, and shapes. Reminds me of Bubba Blue and the many varieties of preparing shrimps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amaizing what this people can do with flowers!!! I didn't see them when I was in Holland ;( too cold I belive for them>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly amazing pictures. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Your pics are fabulous!!!! I just adore tulips! I would've OD'd on the visual stimulation... Absolutely breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five reasons why it's better to visit Yellowstone National Park during the winter.

10 Things that made me fall in love with Bilbao and the Basque Region- parte 2

10 Things that made me fall in love with Bilbao and the Basque Region- Part 1