Closing out the year with King Mango






















In January of this year, I resolved to start a blog where I would document my travels or my adventures, as I prefer to think of them. With much encouragement from my friends and family (Roland, Julie, Laura and Susie, I'm looking at you), I actually stuck to that resolution and amazingly, the blog will soon be entering its second year. It has been great fun and I want thank all of those who have stopped by the site and especially Shawn, who although a reluctant commenter has been an essential part of most of my adventures.
Now what better way of ending '07 than with some photos from yesterday's King Mango Strut, Coconut Grove's light-hearted look at the year's most newsworthy events (not that the stilt-walkers were actually offering any timely political commentary, per se, but they were just really, really good and I liked the way the photo turned out).
I wish you all a fan-fricking-tastic New Year's Eve and nothing but joyous times in 2008.
Coming up next: Cancun with the Kansans in January and a tour of China in February....

Comments

  1. Berti!! Happy Happy Happy New Year and congrats on your fabulous blog going into its second year!! I can't believe you spent Christmas in Kansas...that story was hilarious and I want to hear more about it. My cousin was a social worker in Salina and often drove to Garden City _ did I mention she got a lot of reading done WHILE she was driving? I miss you and hope that 2008 calls for lots of trips to NYC!!
    Love,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your Blog's Anniversary and a HAPPY and PROSPEROUS 2008 to you, and my buddy Shawn. I look forward to your blogs, and seeing the world through your eyes.
    Much Love,
    Roly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be interested in publishing your Machu Pichu story in our print magazine. Please send me an email to earthwitness (at) gmail. com

    Your contact details are not provided, hence using the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well woman...congrats for 1 year of bloging and I am proud of what u have accomplished. It is an amazing blog with a lot of informations, pictures and great stories. I can say that it is a great piece of you and your life.
    I have to recognize that I did not comment a lot lately, and I promise that I will do more for 2008! PROMISEEE… and that I have to thank u for mentioning me between people who encouraged u to do this “amazing job”…what are friends for then?

    Keep going…and may that 2008 be a great year for you…I saw that u have a proposition to be published ;-)))) I cannot wait for a copy of the magazine with an autograph just for me!

    Smiles and hope to see soon

    PS…I’ve took Shawn to Karisma (the Indian restaurant, i knew u like it so much …so we thought to go to a place where u would love to go)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five reasons why it's better to visit Yellowstone National Park during the winter.

10 Things that made me fall in love with Bilbao and the Basque Region- parte 2

10 Things that made me fall in love with Bilbao and the Basque Region- Part 1