Back Home


So, I have returned to my home base of Miami and am staring at half a dozen bags that need to be unpacked. More dauntingly, I am realizing how much I have done and seen during the past few months, all of which I intended to blog about. To give a brief idea of the task ahead of me, I should point out that in the prior 2 months, I have visited 21 cities in 4 different countries, taken 1483 photos (not counting the many that were deleted for various reasons) and worked a total of 21 days. In the Netherlands alone, which was home base, I visited (in order): Amsterdam (of course), Marken, Volendam, Edam, Haarlem, Alsmeer, Almere, Lelystad, Delft, Gouda, Geithoorn, Zaanse Schans, Den Hague, Texel, Utrecht, Alkmaar, Maastricht and Rotterdam. Add to that some overnight trips to Copenhagen, Denmark; Brugges, Brussels and Krakow, Poland and you may begin to see my cause for concern. Oh and did I mention that I leave for a 10 day trip to Venice (the one in Italy, not the one in California) in 5 days? Oy Vey.

I am going to try to overcome my procrastinating tendencies and post some of the highlights of the above-mentioned places, but please be patient, it might take a while. Now, about those unpacked bags....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five reasons why it's better to visit Yellowstone National Park during the winter.

10 Things that made me fall in love with Bilbao and the Basque Region- parte 2

10 Things that made me fall in love with Bilbao and the Basque Region- Part 1